error report

report ID: 116021129

My Zotero suddenly cannot connect to the server while my internet connection is normal.

[JavaScript Error: "WebSocket connection closed: 1006 "]

[JavaScript Error: "The connection was refused when attempting to contact wss://stream.zotero.org/."]

[JavaScript Error: "The connection was refused when attempting to contact wss://stream.zotero.org/."]

[JavaScript Error: "Error connecting to server. Check your Internet connection."]

[JavaScript Error: "Error connecting to server. Check your Internet connection."]

version => 5.0.16, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 10.0; WOW64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.16, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.6.SA.5.0.16, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (5.0.2.SA.5.0.16, extension)

while I send the report above, it shows "Invalid response from repository". What should I do?
  • Have you tried simply restarting Zotero?

Are you connecting via a proxy server?
  • I have tried restarting and reinstalling Zotero but it is still not working. No, I am not using a proxy server. It still said "error connection to the server".
  • edited August 22, 2017
    Can you generate debug output for Zotero startup using the "Restart with Logging Enabled…" option, view and copy the output, and email it to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread?
  • email sent, thank you very much for your help!
  • This is likely due to security software of some sort — it looks like all network-related operations in Zotero are failing. Try temporarily disabling any security software you're running or adding an exception for Zotero.
  • I have try to disable all software, but seems it is not working too. Any other way to reconnect it to the internet? Thank you!