how do I use zotero with Pale Moon 27? (on linux Debian)

I asked this over on the Pale Moon forums, but no answers at all. I hope somebody here can help me!

I'm totally dependent on Zotero for a book-length project.

I gather zotero 4.0.29.16 works with PM 27.4.1, which is what I have, running under Debian testing/buster. I installed it using synaptic and also installed xul-ext-zotero so it would integrate with the browser.

It seems to have put everything in /usr/share. It runs fine as a standalone, and it also imported my vast number of citations. So far, so good, but I need it in the browser.

How do I get Pale Moon to see the browser integration thingy? I tried "install extension from file" under settings in the addon page, but I can't find which file to point it at.

Help! :?
  • I've been trying different themes. Once I started using Compact Moon 1.6.0, suddenly Zotero started working within the browser. (I have Zot. 4.0.29.19)

Not sure if there's a causal connection, or it just happens to be working and will quit tomorrow. So I don't know if the problem is actually solved, but I wanted to let the forum know that different themes might be worth trying.
  • Pale Moon has been forked off from Firefox/Mozilla code. Developers have no capacity to support any unofficial browser. Sorry.