Zotero almost full

I use my Zotero account to sync bibliographic data, not files. However, when I go to the storage page of my account, I see that I am at 99.7% of my storage. How do I recover the lost space? I don't want to go over quota. Also, could someone please confirm how to turn off file syncing on a Mac. Is it File, Preferenceces, Sync tab, uncheck "sync full-text content"?

Thank you
  • No, it's the two options below that under "File Syncing". Uncheck both those boxes to sync your metadata but not files. You don't have to worry about the amount of storage being used.
  • Thank you! Can I follow up with three related questions: 1) If the checking the "sync full-text content" button doesn't sync the actual PDFs, what does it do? (The boxes below under file syncing are unchecked.) 2) I am guessing that the almost full file storage is from the brief time that I was storing PDFs within Zotero. I gather from what you say that as long as I am no longer syncing PDFs through Zotero's servers, I can ignore this. Am I reading you right. 3) If the file storage was filled up, would the data syncing continue? Thank you for the help with this.
  • 1) Zotero indexes the full text content of locally stored PDFs so that you can search for quotes, etc. using the “Everything” option in the search box in the upper right.

2) Yes, that’s right.

3) Yes, data syncing would continue even if the file storage stopped.
  • Thank you! I appreciate all of your help!