This is a new discussion I lost everything I had Opened a new account redid all the new

work. My library is there. Zotero fox fire went down so I moved to Chrome. I tried to load standalone for chrome and it will not down load from the site. can get 3.?? to load but Zotero is showing in the Amazon line instead of the book
  • Zotero 5. 0.10 loaded. I can not get extension added to add new citations
  • I am having a really hard time following what you are saying is wrong. Can you please take a step back and describe exactly what is happenig using complete sentences?
  • I can get zotero 5.0.1 loaded. It puts a red z in my header line in the blue book position. Reading when I try to send a book using the red z is zotero is off line. At times when I click on standalone for chrome it pops up and add extension has a box which I can and do click on. Prior the extension added. It does not add at this time. If I look in down loads the extension is not there. I got one extension 3.?.?? to load but it would not work in amazon still had the red z that says off line when you click on it. Sorry, I was in Fox Fire and it was taken down so I went back to Chrome; deleted FFire first.
  • I am dyslexic! I usually can control it. When I get real pushed and frustrated it comes out. My papers are due. I lost 3 years of library research and 10 days of current library research in March. A glitch in Zotero. I opened a new account and moved on. This was complicated by a bad dislocation of my shoulder, the first day of class March 12, 2017. All of my work is late. I have had months of PT, surgery & more months of PT. If I do not complete papers by the end of August I will have to repeat classes. So please see if you can help. This is my 3rd glitch with Zotero, I have never used another citing program So I will really be lost without its speed and function. Learning another way, along with reloading & hand typing all the work again will be close to impossible. Thank you for any kindness, that will make this function. The previous work for this semester is there. I can not add new resources to the library, which is incomplete. The Chrome standalone extension will not load correctly with the Chrome Windows 10 Zotero 5.0.1. I hope this clears things up.
  • OK, so if I understand correctly, you can't save into Zotero from Chrome. Instead of the book icon, you just get a red Z.
    You should never see the red Z on any loaded page, so something isn't right. First thing to try would be to
    a) confirm the version of Chrome you have and
    b) disable all other Chrome extensions and see if that makes a difference.

If you're in a rush, as seems to be the case, you can also try installing Firefox and the Zotero Connector in it in addition to Chrome. That may just work. You should also be on Zotero 5.0.11, so make sure to update that.
  • I got chrome installed with new extension, but did not get the full library only one class recognized and one book repeated in the library. Not my full library the z came and went, depending where I was, but still would not save. So I followed your recommendation went back to FireFox and now I have all the library or most of it, but it is in some strange format. Notes only showing, not the normal library. I also work so today was a work day. Ali
  • Ali: Please understand that we cannot see your computer screen so you will need to take the time to describe the details of what you see -- "strange format' isn't a sufficient description. It is likely, from your brief description of your problem, that there is a simple way to fix your problem. I understand your frustration. Give @adamsmith the information he needs to help you.
  • The best I can think of would be if you could take a screenshot of your "strange" Firefox library, post it to a free image hosting site (Dropbox, imgur) and link to it from here.
  • I followed what you suggested reloaded foxfire. The library is there screen shows blue note symbol. Title of book far left there is a box to check before the note symbol. There is a spot I can click & it will give me a side screen with citation of that specific book. The screen has always looked this way in Fox fire. Not typical library screen. When back in chrome showed typical labrary just would not add new books. Red Z in the in the place of the blue book in amazon chrome problem. Note only with book title shows in the fire Fox version. I don't know what else i seem to have more than one account open the one in chrome has one book totle repeated 4+ times & only class.
  • Where would i send drop box screen shot?
  • just post a share link here so multiple people can see it.
  • OK, so that's actually the webpage view of your library, it's not the Firefox add-on. That's a good sign, though: it means that your library is fully stored on the server. Go back to Zotero Standalone (the software) and sync:
    https://www.zotero.org/support/sync
  • Thank you. Sorry took so long I had to learn dropbox new skill
  • https://www.dropbox.com/s/p9taelr74gextmf/2017-08-18.png?dl=0

the other library I mentioned I had showed up this morning when I tried to sync before work.
  • Are you saying that the second library was there online and now it is not?
  • Are you sure you aren't logging in with two different accounts? The name on one screenshot says "Alice Boyle" the other one "Alice Boyle (Ali)". Unless you changed that intermittently, those are two different accounts
  • I log in the same way, same password different accounts show up this one looks like it made it'self when I was trying to save & to the Z. It is not an account I setup, only has one of my two classes. Ordered this book tried to save to class went back an forth a few times to see if it saved in library it did not save. I was in chrome. FireFox said it was down. So opened chrome account. Has not worked sense. All I ever had i Fire Fox was the file library. This showed up in chrome.
  • PS when l was building my profile l did it in a couple of stages this looks like the first profile before l added picture and Ali.
  • Sorry Friday was a long work day. Had to leave right i did drop box. Thank you so much for trying to help.
  • I have tried to log out and log back in I am only getting the 705 library. When the first screen shot has 17 books two classes. Is there something I can do. I don't have a different login. Did not set up the account that is there now. Set up and loaded 705 & 706 at the same time. Have no clue where this came from. Is there a place to check if or separate. If I treat this change pass word. could maybe the good library come up. could this be covering it.
  • Your other account's username is ali_kat sync with that. It's here: www.zotero.org/ali_kat and certainly looks like you set it up.
  • The 705 library showing looks nothing like the real 705 library.

I believe you and it confuses me it came up under the other name. I was fairly injuried with the shoulder. My brain just fuzzed that out I guess.
  • I do keep notes & ali kat was in it different i thought it was a pass word. Thank you soooo much
  • I can not find where to sync from the server library I thought I was just tired and went to bed last night. I have been on it over an hour and I feel really stupid to have to bother you'll again, but can not get to sync from the server library
  • You sync from your local copy of Zotero -- Zotero Standalone -- by putting in the username (and password) for the library you want to sync with: https://www.zotero.org/support/sync
  • When I put my user mame & password in it takes me to the server library and there is no where to sink from there. I have tried every way, I know, to sign into library with sync area. I have read all sync instructions I could find. Does not tell me how to sync from the two screen shots I posted.
  • You're misunderstanding: you don't sync "from the website". You always sync from Zotero Standalone. It will sync the information you're seeing _on_ the website with your local software. You put in your username and password in the "Sync" tab of the preferences of Zotero. Don't do anything in your browser.
  • Thank you I am still working on it but have seen versions. There was a glitch in my download. Thanks for all of your help.