[Solved] [Edit] ID: 1211684251 Can't add pdf file to my zotero.

edited August 16, 2017
I can't add pdf file to my zotero. Moreover, I can't save pdf to zotero from Zotero Conntector in chrome.

But it is possible to save a snapshot of a website to pdf through Zotero Connector.

---
My error is related to NS_ERROR_FILE_ALREADY_EXISTS.

I found the reason why I can't add pdf file. This is because I changed my symbolic link of stroage to orphaned directory. Thanks.
  • We need more info, including a Report ID and what exactly you're trying and what's happening: https://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_problems
  • The problem is not with Zotero itself, but with Zotero connector. In the previous versions of Zotero connector for firefox, I was able to save pdf's files directly to my library. The connector even had an option to "save to Zotero" when clicking the download option. In the actual version it is possible to save a snapshot of a website through Zotero Connector but not to save the pdf.

P.D
    It is possible to save pdf through Zotero Connector only if the pdf is not embedded in a website header. As an example, when trying to save a sci-hub pdf (sci-hub papers are embedded in a strange header) it is impossible.
  • The connector can't interact with Firefox's save dialog, so that feature is gone, I'm afraid. There are various ways to work around this. For example, you can typically right-click on the embedded PDF in Firefox --> This Frame --> Show only this frame and then import to Zotero.
  • In the next connector version you'll be able to save most embedded PDFs by clicking the save button, the same as when you're viewing the PDF directly. Until then "Show Only This Frame" is the easiest workaround.
  • Thanks. "Show Only This Frame" does the job.
  • edited August 16, 2017
    I change my original subject and add the Report ID in the subject.
  • [JavaScript Error: "Component returned failure code: 0x80520008 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ALREADY_EXISTS) [nsILocalFile.create]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/file.js" line: 849}]
    What are you doing to reproduce this, though?

Can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) from Zotero that shows this happening?