Chrome Connector saves item twice?

I have upgraded to Zotero Standalone 5.0 and then installed the Chrome connector. The problem is that now any item is saved twice once I click on the extension icon - one entry with the associated pdf and one without? I have tried it with both being logged in/ NOT logged on for 'save to Zotero.org', but that has made no difference. What am I doing wrong?
  • What's an example URL where this happens?

Can you provide a Debug ID from the Chrome connector for this (saving with Zotero open)?
  • thank you for getting back to me so quickly!

I have tried the following just now: it works fine with google scholar, websites, our own library search (Cardiff Uni) and JSTOR. The site where I noticed it initially and so far the only one where it does this strange double download is Hein Online (logged in via institutional ID). The debug ID for this is: D908180420

something else I noticed just now: in Hein online, when you are in the article view, you can scroll backwards and forwards in the same issue to get to a different article. I did that just now (i.e. the second article was open in the viewer). However, the connector downloaded the first article again - and again twice. The debug ID for this is D1592629692 (although I don't know if one can actually see this particular problem?)

(just to clarify: all the downloading I tried was with Standalone open, I haven't tried it with just saving to Zotero.org)