2.0a2 plugin for Mac Word 2008 for german user:

Hi,
I used the Zotero-Word-Plugin Installer to install the Zotero script for Mac Word 2008. The installation seemed to be successfull. But in Word, the Apple script for Zotero is not available. The Word Script Menu items Folder is empty.
I don't know where the script is. What is the name of this script for Mac? Where should it be? I don't have a Microsoft users data on english, just on german.

Thanks
Marc
  • edited April 23, 2009
    I assume you've seen this:
    Non-English Word 2008 users: The installer currently installs files into <your home directory>/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Word Script Menu Items. If you're using a non-English version of Office 2008, you'll need to move the installed Zotero folder from the Word Script Menu Items directory within Microsoft User Data to the equivalent of “Microsoft User Data” in your language.
    If you don't see the folder, you could try creating it and then re-running the installer, and then following the instructions.
  • Thank you for answering,
    The Word script menu items is there but empty. Are you speaking of the ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/xxxxxxxx.default/Zotero folder?
    I have no folder inside Word script menu items.
    If I create a folder, which name should I gave?I just created a folder with name: Zotero, but nothing came inside.
    Which name should the script file be: something with .py?

Marc
  • I'm not really sure what you're asking, but the paragraph above is the workaround, to the best of our knowledge, on non-English systems.

There should be a Zotero.py file, among others, in the installed directory. You can try searching for it with Spotlight.

You can find out your active script menu items folder by selecting About This Menu from the script menu in Word and then clicking Open Folder. The Zotero folder containing Zotero.py and other files needs to be within that folder, so if it's being installed somewhere else (see above), move the folder into there.