Long synchronisation with Z5

Hello,
Since I switched to Zotero 5 each time I launch it, the synchronization seems never ending, even if I didn't work on it (for ex. all weekend long). Here is the error report #332105135.
Thank you for your assistance

Philippe Dodin
  • Could we see a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a sync attempt that takes longer than it should?
  • Hi,
    Here is the debug ID D1882937238. I also realized that some work done at work wasn't synchronized on my home computer. Thank you for this verification.
  • Ah, OK, so I believe what's happening here is that you're loading Zotero and it's loading the data for the library you have open. When it syncs the first time, though, it loads all the data for all of your libraries, and you're in some rather large libraries. I think you'll find that subsequent syncs while Zotero are open are much faster?

If it's possible to leave Zotero open, that'd obviously be the easiest option.

We're going to work on speeding up loading of library data. As a temporary solution, if you can't or don't want to leave Zotero open, one option would be to not sync all libraries by default — you can choose which libraries sync via auto-sync and the main sync button from the Sync pane of the preferences. You can still sync unchecked libraries manually by right-clicking on the library and choosing Sync.
  • Issue created for the performance issues here — the times you're seeing are way longer than they should be.