Middle Column Fields and rules applying thereto

Is there some documentation on the Fields displayed in the Middle Column?

I think this is the list:
Title
Creator
Type
Date
Year
Publisher
Language
Call Number
Repository
Rights
Date Added
Date Modified

For example, what is def of Creator? I would of thought it wuz me, but it looks more like the Creator of the Item and not the entry.
  • Surely most of these are self-explanatory?

As for the logic behind "creator:" there are multiple "roles" which a content creator can play (author, editor, director, producer, etc.) & this is merely a catch-all for all of these roles.
  • I thought they were too, but then I noticed Date Added(Center Column) <> Date Added(Right Column). So in response to:
    Surely most of these are self-explanatory?
    I can still hear my TA's lesson on assume and the pitfalls therof...:
    Who knows what happens when you assume?
    Are there any fields that are User-centric? If I share my rec's with you isn't there a path back to me? Shouldn't there be a path back to the creator of the record? Oh and btw, isn't there a better name for ``+'' I think this is the # of items associated with an entry.
    Will this list of avail fields be expanded in upcoming versions?
  • The fields and other features are not as self-explanatory as you think. Ppl used to the logic and format of other ref managers etc will bring their own connotations. Not everyone uses iTunes or has a Mac, which is what the interface seems to be modeled on.

In this particular case, I just think fields need to be more manipulable rather than less specific (e.g. 'creator'). And the other suggestion about keeping a 'trail' to whomever inputs data is a great idea for making Zotero fully collaborative.