How do I get my Zotero library online?

Today I downloaded Zotero to my Mac and added a bunch of references to my library, mostly using the Safari connector to populate the metadata fields of each reference. I also attached a PDF file located on my hard drive to each reference. Everything appears to be working fine. I can navigate through the library, sort on different fields and view the PDFs.

But when I log onto the Zotero site, I'm told that I am not using any of the free 300MB of storage for the library. How do I transfer my library and all the PDFs to online storage?
  • Thanks for the link. I think I see how the syncing works, but when I log in to Zotero, there is no "Preferences" or "Sync" tab. There are only the following menu choices: Home, My Library, Groups, People, Documentation, Forums, Get Involved. None of these offers a Preferences or Sync option.

Do I need to use the Firefox version of Zotero to sync my on-disk Zotero library PDFs with the online library?
  • how do you access your on-disk Zotero library? That's where you set up sync. If you recently downloaded Zotero, I assume that's the standalone app, not the Firefox add-on.
  • I've found the Preferences panel for the on-disk Zotero and I now can sync. Thanks for your help.