Viewing tags in a column

This discussion was created from comments split from: Now available: Zotero 5.0.
  • many thanks to the team, also for keeping Zotero free.

I am a very regular Zotero user. I find it much better than any of the competitors. As a somehow old-fashioned ex-Windows-user and as an ex-programmer, I was glad to hear that the database structure will be more easily accessible from within the local file structure in future versions. However, there is one little thing that I have always missed in both standalone and Firefox interfaces: TO BE ABLE TO REVEAL THE TAGS IN A COLUMN IN THE LIST OF ITEMS. Sorting items by tags ALPHABETICALLY WITHIN THE LIST would make Zotero more appealing to those who have never really espoused the anarchic idea of non-hierarchical tags; I always provide the tags with an inner hierarchy, such as: phil-anc-presocr or a-Verg-Aen-2, meaning: philosophy-ancient-presocratic or authors-Virgil-Aeneid-Book 2. In other words, my Zoteran dream is to have a list of tags (as a permanent system of classification) in addition to the already existing list of folders (temporary projects).