Unable to open any attachments after 5.0 upgrade

This discussion was created from comments split from: Zotero 5-The attach file couldn't be found in My Library.
  • After upgrading to 5.0, I am unable to open any attachments in my Zotero: they exist both on the server and on my hard drive, but the links appear to have been broken. I have only used Zotero web storage and have not changed the default file path.

Having tried the latest update 5.0.11, however, I still have issues with syncing my library. I can re-download the individual attachments, but the entire library won't sync. Right now it seems to affect PDF attachments only. Could this be due to Zutilo?

I'd be very grateful if someone could help me take a look. The Debug ID is 312986586. Thanks!

Louis
  • edited August 13, 2017
    1) That's a Report ID, not a Debug ID. We'd want a Debug ID for trying to open a file that was missing.

2) When you upgraded, did you see your library immediately, or did you see an empty library at first that you re-synced?

3) Were you using Zotero Standalone or Zotero for Firefox previously?

4) Approximately how many folders do you see in the 'storage' directory of your Zotero data directory?
  • I can re-download the individual attachments, but the entire library won't sync.
    What do you mean by this?
  • I'm happy to report that the sync is now back to normal: Zotero is working diligently to redownload every attachment. If it is still useful, my Debug ID was D2076852204. Thanks! I very much appreciate your prompt replies.