updating account storage

I just updated my account storage after being advised to by my zotero desktop (saying my current usage has synced only 95.5%) yesterday night, only to get another waning that I needed to update the account again -- storage quota is still insufficient.
how should one know the exact amount of storage data plan to buy relative to their needs? (as I cannot find where it tells me exactly what my library 'weight' is, only the current usage.
Also, when I upgrade do I have to pay an overhead to the next storage plan (as I just bought 2gb and the costing is from 300mb to a plan).
Please someone do assist 'as fast as' ( I have got urgent work to finish, I have taking time to sort out my entire library and my citations are not syncing properly)
  • About how many PDF files, etc. are you trying to sync (rough estimate)? You can get a rough estimate of how much space you need by looking at the size of your “storage” folder in your Zotero data directory.
    https://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data

If you upgrade to a larger plan, any remaining credit on your existing plan will get added to the new plan as additional time, so you aren’t losing any money by upgrading.

Finally, your citation data should still be syncing even if the storage is full (only files use up storage, not the item metadata). If you don’t need file syncing right now before your deadline, you can disable it in the Zotero preferences.
  • You can switch between plans at any time. Your expiration date will be moved depending on how much of your existing subscription is left (https://www.zotero.org/support/storage_faq#how_can_i_upgrade_to_a_larger_storage_plan)

You do not have to pay when you switch unless you're already near your current expiration (this changed last year). This way, if you're not sure how much storage you actually need, you can pay for the lowest plan and switch without immediately paying twice if you end up needing more.
  • thanks all for the help