Problems with Zotero download from ProQuest Historical Newspapers in Firefox and Safari

Hello,

All of a sudden my Zotero plug-in will no longer download newspaper articles from Proquest Historical Newspapers in either Firefox or Safari. Instead of the newspaper pdf icon I keep getting the "Embedded Metadata" image. Perhaps it was due to the Zotero update?

Any ideas on how to fix/restore the newspaper download function? I have tried re-installing the add-on to no avail.
  • Make sure you're running version 5.0.17 of the connector, and if so let us know an example URL where this is happening. (You can x out any proxies or identifying information.)
  • Thanks for the prompt response!

My connector is indeed 5.0.17.

And here is the current URL: https://search.proquest.com/cv_659841/docview/111507160/DFCC9EC3326A4A3EPQ/2?accountid=13314
  • This might be a complicated situation because the ProQuest site requires a login page, for which I use my institutional login information.

However, the odd thing is that the connector was working literally a few days ago. I cannot figure what has changed.
  • Does it work if you click the "Abstract/Details" tab instead of the "Full text - PDF" tab? I get the ProQuest translator for the former and the Embedded Metadata translator for the latter. I'm not sure if this was a recent change on ProQuest or a change in Zotero, but we should be able to fix it. In the meantime, it works fine for me from the details page.

I forgot that there's another open thread on this, so you can respond there.
This discussion has been closed.