zotero 5 webdav verification failed

debug ID: D196555598

using zotero standalone for the first time after the recent changes and i cannot seem to connect to the webdav at Cloudme.

not sure if this is a cloudme server issue or to do with my local network/proxy settings...
any help appreciated.
cheers
  • The server webdav.cloudme.com could not be reached.
    Likely a proxy server problem, yes. You're still able to submit error reports, so network activity is at least partially working, but this WebDAV request is an HTTP OPTIONS request, and it's possible that your proxy server isn't properly handling that type of request. You were using Zotero Standalone 4.0 before?
  • "Zotero Standalone 4.0 before?"

sort of...
    i was using zotero in firefox until yesterday when i made the full switch on the 2 PCs i currently use. I had previously set up a standalone version of zotero 4 in anticipation of the switch, which i updated to version 5 this morning.
    Would it help to perhaps reinstall version 5 completely from scratch ?
  • No, reinstalling is unlikely to do anything.

Usually it results in a different error, but check the site certificate info for https://webdav.cloudme.com. It should be verified by "Gandi".
  • will do, cheers
  • edited August 9, 2017
    ahh, and therein may lie the problem.

so the page doesn't load:
    This site can’t be reached
    The webpage at https://webdav.cloudme.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
    ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED

and the security cert info reads:
    Security overview
    This page is not secure.
    Valid certificate
    The connection to this site is using a valid, trusted server certificate.
    Secure resources
    All resources on this page are served securely.

various sites are blocked at my institution, including dropbox and onedrive (but not googledrive oddly). i suspect cloudme webdav may also be blocked. It's funny though as i can access my files via cloud.me in a browser with no problems.