Zotfile disabled by Firefox

Firefox will not install Zotfile 5.04 as it requires signed authentication by the programmer. Previous versions of Zotfile are now deemed "legacy" versions and disabled. Hopefully this can be fixed ASAP.
  • Legacy add-ons are not disabled in Firefox 55; they are just marked as legacy. Either you misunderstood the message there or you're using an alpha version of Zotero (legacy extensions will no longer work as of Firefox 57).

Zotfile 5.0 will only work on Zotero 5, which comes only as Standalone and does not require extension signing.
  • I have just switched to Zotero 5 standalone ( I used the main downlad for windows). I am tying to follow intructions for installing zotfileon zotfile.com. When I try and download the latest .xpi file from github firefox is blocking it as requies signed authentication. I can't work out how to get round this, can you explain where I have gone wrong. Thank you
  • You need to install Zotfile into Zotero 5 (via the Tools menu), not into Firefox.
  • Thank you for quick reply. When I click to download firefox is trying to install it , I guess because of the xpi extension. I am not aware that I have altered firefox to do this. Any suggestions of how to get around firefox?
  • Right-click on the link and choose to Save Linked File As..., then save to your computer.
  • Ok , sorted it used chrome to download it. Thanks for you help.
  • yeah I have same problem and there just isn't any Save Linked File option in firefox
  • ok actually found it ... it was just the translation that was really weird compared to english firefox menu .... so my bad