Saving multiple items in Zotero 5.0

This discussion was created from comments split from: save pdf to zotero 5 standalone.
  • I am running on Windows 7 64 bit using Firefox. I upgraded from Zotero 4 to 5 and installed the new Connector. The Connector works sort of but not as well as it did in Zotero 4. With Z4, if my browser page was set to the table of contents page of many of the journals I subscribe to, when I clicked the Z in the upper right hand corner of my browser, a window would open with all the articles in that issue with checkboxes next to each article in the issue. I could check the boxes for the articles I wanted to download, hit ok and they would be downloaded into Zotero 4 standalone, pdfs, metadata and all. A small window would open showing me the progress. With Z5 I get the same window, I can check boxes, but when I click OK, I get the small window that says Saving to My Library but nothing happens. (By the way, unlike in Z4, the Z turns into a folder when I am at the TOC page).

With Z5, if I open the pdf of an article in my browser, the folder turns into a pdf icon. If I click on that icon, it will then download the pdf file into Z5, but without metadata. I can then retrieve the metadata from within Z5.

Any advice is appreciated, whether it be to tell me what I am doing wrong, that this is a bug, or that the previous features are gone.

I too pine for a pdf viewer inside Z5 so that when one is scrolling through a library one can at least see the first page, if not scroll through the entire article.

Thanks.
  • Make sure you have 5.0.16 of the connector, which fixes saving from some sites.

Saving should work the same as in 4.0.
  • Thanks. I had been running 5.0.14 but upgrading to 5.0.16 did not change anything.
  • What site are you trying to save from? We need an example URL.