Items not removed after emptying trash

This discussion was created from comments split from: [5.0.6] Items not moved between collections.
  • I have problem with refresh too. When I empty trash, items was not removed. I have to change collection to refresh trash panel.
  • Hi, all. I just update to version 5.0.8 and the refresh problem to trash still persist, despite the information this bug was solved (https://www.zotero.org/support/5.0_changelog). All the best. Mario
  • Could you say exactly what you're doing? 5.0.8 should have fixed a specific issue: if you move a child item to the trash, view the trash (which will show the deleted item in black and the parent item in gray), and empty the trash, the parent item should disappear from the trash. Before 5.0.8 it didn't, but it now does for me.
  • Hi, @dstillman. I submitted the debug (D1268027560). For instance, I have an item with note and file. Then I delete note. Go to the trash. I can see the item with node and file, but only note is in black (others are in gray). Then I click "empty trash" and the note disappear, but item and file no (in trash). Then I select any collection and click back trash again and now it is empty.
  • Ah, OK, looks like this is still broken if there are other non-deleted child items. We'll fix that — thanks.
  • Hi, @dstillman
    I update to Zotero 5.0.11 and the problem still persist.
    All the best!
    Mario
  • Hi, @dstillman.
    I updated to Zotero 5.0.18 and the problem still persist.
    All the best!
    Mario
  • Still in 5.0.19. Is it possible ZotFile causing this because is auto renaming PDF files? ZotFile is the only addon that I installed
  • It's just a minor cosmetic bug we haven't yet fixed. We have an open ticket for it, so no need to report it for each version.