Firefox cleanup removed Zotero libray

Hi
After Firefox cleanup the Zotero tool was gone
I installed the firefox connector but it doesn't show up
and more worryiing Zotero now want's to synchronize with an empty library.
Hope I didn't lose the whole library !
Please help
B tavitian
  • Firefox cleanup usually creates a folder called "Old Firefox Data" on your Desktop. Is that there? If so, you can locate your Zotero profile directory in that folder, then move it to a new location. The default location for Zotero 5.0 is C:/Users//Zotero on Windows and ~/Zotero/ on Mac. That would be the best place to put it.

If you can't find that, were you using Zotero syncing? If so, you can sync down your library into the empty library on your local machine. This won't delete your items—Zotero only deletes items that are actually manually deleted by you within the client or on the website.
  • Thanks, works now.
    Nevertheless, I preferred the old firefox add-on. When you download to Zotero from Firefox with the new one, you can't select the destination folder within Firefox. You have to select it in Zotero and go back to Firefox. Not as convenient as it used to be.
    Best,
    Bertrand
  • @btavitian : https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/comment/279758/#Comment_279758
    You can either arrange the windows to fit side by side on your monitor or you can switch between them (e.g., by using Cmd-Tab (Mac) or Alt-Tab (Windows), which is very fast if you get used to it).
  • Sure, thanks Gracile