Online article in Nature can not be saved as such without losing info fields

Take this article for example:

https://www.nature.com/news/why-scientists-must-share-their-research-code-1.20504

It is not really a 'Journal article', but if I try to save it as an 'Interview', 'Magazine article', 'Newspaper article', or 'Web page', I lose *at least* the DOI.
  • Save it as a webpage and put the DOI in the Extra field like that:
    DOI: 10.1038/nature.2016.20504

(It is planned to add DOI field for all item types in the future.)
  • You can save the DOI to the Extra field like this:
    DOI: 10.1234/56789

before you change the Item Type.

You can move other fields like this, too. Are there specific ones you want to move?
  • I use the 'Extra' field to mark the level of "read" assigned to each element in the library, so that's a no go.

Good to hear that adding a DOI field to other item types is planned.
  • You can still put “read” in the first line of Extra and put the other metadata on lines below it. That will still work (and still let you sort by Extra, etc.)

Alternatively, I find it more convenient to store read information as a Colored Tag, that way I can change its read/unread status with 1 button press.
  • I could also put the DOI in the Abstract, or add it as a Note. I prefer adding things to the proper field, so I'll wait until this gets implemented, thank you.

Tags are ok, the only downside I see is that you can't order articles with them.
  • The main advantage of putting the DOI in the Extra field is that it will appear in your citation/biblioghaphy (depending on the style you've selected).
    And eventually if you use the syntax described above, when new fields will be added, the relevant data will be automatically moved from the Extra field to, in this case, the new DOI field.