Style request/ Citation-Style problem: Replacing German "u. a." with "et al."

edited July 28, 2017
Dear Zotero-community,

once more I'd need help in adjusting the citation style the institute I'm currently working at uses.

We use two different styles, one for German and one for English reports. We'd like to replace the German "u. a." with the English "et al.". Unfortunately though, this seems to be rooted in the language settings "DE-de" somehow.

You may find the code for our current style here:
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/559a0634f53fceebd4ce233119990c14

Thanks in advance for the support and a great day to all of you!

Best regards,
Constantin
  • Add this between the info section and the first macro:
    <locale xml:lang="de">
    <terms>
    <term name="et-al">et al.</term>
    </terms>
    </locale>
  • Dear damnation,

nice! It worked perfectly!
    Thank you so much for the super fast response and help!

Have an awesome weekend and thanks again,
    Constantin
  • Hello, I have the same problem and changed and updated the code for four hours now using every ideas I found in several forums but nothing works. I have Zotero for Word with Mac. Maybe the code is different here? I added the lines posted above after the section. The programme doesn't say error but it also doesn't change the u. a. if I refresh Zotero in word or totally restart it. It also didn't help to erase the part. Now I turned back to the original starting position so that I don't destroy anything.

This is my first entry here. Which info do you need to help me?
    Thanks in advance.

Also I would like to remove the doi address part in my bibliography but haven't researched that one yet as I'm stuck with the one above.
  • edited July 13, 2018
    Did you change the style ID to something else?
    You could post the code on a secret GitHub gist and post the link here, then we can have a look. (http://gist.github.com/)

P.s.: no need to sit there 4h trying to things. We're pretty fast here answering and always somebody online due to the different time zones.
  • Which citation style did you start from?