Hi why no Zotero for Firefox 5.0?

I think the zotero for firefox 4.0 is amazing and is a very great tool.
Why don't you support it?

I've tried the Zotero 5.0, I think using the connector is a little more complex, we need to right click the mouse then select to add into the Zotero database. And the standardalone Zotero cannot be open in Firefox.

I like the way in Zotero for firefox 4.0. Please! Please! Please do not stop the development on Zotero for firefox 4.0.
  • edited July 28, 2017
    I think the zotero for firefox 4.0 is amazing and is a very great tool.
    Why don't you support it?
    As explained at https://www.zotero.org/blog/a-unified-zotero-experience/, Firefox is removing the foundation that Zotero for Firefox was built on, so the Zotero developers had no choice but to discontinue Zotero for Firefox.
    I've tried the Zotero 5.0, I think using the connector is a little more complex, we need to right click the mouse then select to add into the Zotero database.
    I don't think this should be the case. Are you right-clicking the connector button, or the webpage itself? Note that the connector button looks a little different in 5.0 than in 4.0 (the "Z" seems to have disappeared).
  • Yeah, you don't need to right-click for normal saves — just click the save button as before. If you want the alternative options that were available in the arrow menu of the 4.0 buttons (e.g., different translators), you can right-click on the save button.
  • Hi @Rintze and @dstillman, thanks very much for comments. Sadly news but no choice. Zotero is still the greatest tool as a reference manager.

Yeah, the "Z" is disappeared and we need to right-click on the webpage, and there is a tab in the menu, then select "Save to Zotero".

If the "Zotero for Firefox" is out-dated, maybe the "LyZ" or "ZotFile" are also useless.
  • Yeah, the "Z" is disappeared and we need to right-click on the webpage, and there is a tab in the menu, then select "Save to Zotero".
    No, this is incorrect. There is an option in the context menu, but that's not the normal way to use the Zotero Connector. There's a Save to Zotero button in the Firefox toolbar, just as there was before.
    If the "Zotero for Firefox" is out-dated, maybe the "LyZ" or "ZotFile" are also useless.
    Zotero plugins can still be run in Zotero, though not all have been updated (though ZotFile has been, at least in a beta version).
  • @dstillman, got it! Thanks a lot!

No pains, no gains, I need adapt myself to Zotero 5.0.