Microsoft Word add-in not working - using Word 2016 64 bits

I am running Zotero 5.0.7 standalone and Word 2016 64 bits

Zotero preferences says Word add-in is not currently installed. When I press the button nothing happens. The plug-in does not appear in Word.

I have recorded a log: Debug ID is D879323868.

Thanks for your help.
  • edited July 26, 2017
    Ok, now it works!

I startd by installing LibreOffice 64 bits but the same thing happened. Could not install the plug in and no error message given, just pressed the install plug-in and nothing happened.

Then I uninstalled Zotero completely and reinstalled. Now it gave me an error message for LibreOffice, saying it needed java.

So uninstalled Zotero again, installed java, reinstalled Zotero from scratch (deleted everything in User's folder too).

And now it works for Word at least (have not tried with LibreOffice yet)! I don't know what made the difference.

EDIT: I noticed now that previously I had installed Zotero 5.0.4 and now I am using 5.0.7. So that may have helped.
  • For LO is very important have to same 32/64b version of LO and Java.
  • Thank you for the answer. LO Zotero plugin is working fine, just tested now. I don't know which version of Java LO is using. I've installed the latest 64 bit jre 8.141.
  • @seaofthought does Zotero install the Microsoft Word plugin properly too?
  • word plugin work not working since upgrading to Zotero 5
  • Rex to restart Word and Zotero. Try to reinstall the plugin.
  • @adomasven

Yes, after a fresh reinstallation with the latest version (5.0.7) it did work both in MS Word and LibreOffice.