Crash on adding child note

Hello. I have just updated to Zotero 5.0.7. Since upgrading, I have been unable to create or view notes that I have attached to items - attempting to view a note causes Zotero to crash, and so does attempting to create a new one (Zotero creates a new note, then crashes, and of course I can't then edit or view the note. I have used the error report function (reference 44556041), though I can't tell from what is submitted whether this relates to the problem with notes or not.

Many thanks for your help.
  • Could we see a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for creating a note?
  • Also, what do you mean by "crash" in this case?
  • Hello

Thanks for the response. In this case, I mean that I get the 'Zotero has stopped working' message from Windows, with the option to search for a solution online, or simply close the programme. This means that I cannot click on the 'Submit to Zotero server' button on the Debug Output Logging page - Zotero has locked up, including the preferences window, and so all I can do is shut it down.

In case it is any help, this is the detailed info that Windows provides along with the error message:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: zotero.exe
    Application Version: 47.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 57a337ee
    Fault Module Name: mozglue.dll
    Fault Module Version: 52.2.0.6367
    Fault Module Timestamp: 59386408
    Exception Code: 80000003
    Exception Offset: 00015935
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
    Locale ID: 2057
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
  • Hmm, that's no good. Could you try the latest 5.0 Beta to see if that makes a difference? (It includes a slightly newer version of the Mozilla framework on which Zotero is based. A full application crash is unfortunately below the level of Zotero code.)
  • And if that doesn't help, you'd want to try temporarily disabling any security software or other programs that might be interfering with Zotero.
  • Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I'm on quite a heavily locked down university computer without admin rights, so can't install that .exe. I will wait until the updated version comes along via the update option within Zotero, and try again then. Thanks again for the prompt assistance.
  • Hello again. I think I may have managed to produce some relevant debug output prior to Zotero crashing, so if you wouldn't mind looking into this, I'd be grateful. The debug ID is D9073594.