Zotero Connector for Firefox: Not working

edited July 22, 2017
Hi,

Next problem with this great new Zotero release: Firefox Connector not working. There is a dummy icon informing me that I have installed Zotero connector (I know that by this time, obviously). However, the icons expected to appear in the address bar for saving to Zotero (as appearing in Chrome and Opera) are just not there. Needless to say I uninstalled and reinstalled the Firefox Connector Addon, to no avail.

Would you please kindly fix that?
  • If after pressing "Got It" in the prompt and clicking the button you get the prompt again, you are seeing a privacy settings related issue which at the moment can be mitigated by relaxing the setting.
  • Thank you very much for your help.

I solved the problem:
    1) Deleted any remaining zotero folders/files in the Firefox profile folder
    2) Enabled Firefox to accept cookies by default

I hope that the latter step will not be a long-term requirement.

Nevertheless, I think that this whole transition procedure from Zotero Firefox to Zotero Standalone is half-baked at best. To expect users to figure out these hassles is wildly unrealistic. Many of my colleagues already switched to the competition. I would strongly recommend to make this experience more user-friendly.
  • Obviously what you're seeing isn't the default update procedure.
    Hard to say why this isn't working as it should in your case (and probably no way to find out after it's fixed), but for the vast majority of users this does in fact all happen automatically.
  • This is a known issue with that strict privacy setting. We're working on a fix, but the vast majority of users indeed won't see this.
  • +1

I am experiencing this issue too. I am using the following firefox add-ons that are relevant to this problem:

self-destructing cookies
    ublock origin
    disconnect

All of the work-arounds are too long for me to bother right now so I'm just going to have to live without the connector. Please prioritize a fix for this.

• I, having the same issue here and I also run self-destrution cookie and µblock origin add-on (they are not the only one but they are the same than steve-biggs so it could be relevant).
    I haven't tried with the standalone installed but without it i couldn't see Zotero in my main bar and i could'nt access to Zotero conector's option, it only opened a blank page.

So I switch back to 4.0 :)
  • edited August 4, 2017
    A new version of the Firefox Connector is now out that should fix this. Upgrade to 5.0.12 and let us know if you still have any trouble.

Pulled. Follow https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/comment/282240/#Comment_282240 for updates.
This discussion has been closed.