zotero 5.0.6 crash report ID 1584856656

edited July 21, 2017
I’m using zotero on archlinux (aur package “zotero”).
Steps to reproduce:
Open zotero, right click an entry, click “Add Attachment”, click “Attach Stored Copy of File…”, in the “Select a File” window, press “escape”. Zotero crashes in most cases. It doesn’t seem to be related to a type of entry or a specific entry. Very rarely, zotero does not crash when I do that, but I cannot reproduce that.
Zotero does not crash when I click “Cancel” instead of pressing “escape”.
  • edited July 21, 2017
    I just tested 5.0.6 on Ubuntu and I'm not seeing this. What kind of crash do you mean?
  • edited July 22, 2017
    The “Select a File” window goes black for a moment, then the whole application closes without an error message
  • I'm afraid that's something you'd have to debug on your end — people run into weird problems on Arch Linux, though the compatibility should generally be the same as Firefox.

For starters, you'd want to see if this happens using the standard tarball available from zotero.org, without using any sort of package.
  • It still happens when I start zotero from the downloaded tarball, without the package, and with a clean profile.
  • Yeah, I wouldn't expect this to be a profile issue. It's some sort of system/library-level incompatibility.