Cannot disable proxy notices in Chrome

I recently switched browsers from Firefox to Chrome and also switched from the Zotero Firefox plug-in to standalone. I work at Harvard University and also installed a Harvard-specific Chrome plug-in, provided by the library ("LibX 2.0) that, among others things, defines the proxy for online resources at Harvard. DOI's and URL's for journal articles are indeed resolving properly (from Zotero, Google Scholar, or elsewhere), but my problem: an orange/yellow proxy notice appears at the top of most web pages I open. ("Zotero automatically associated [URL] with a previously defined proxy...") On the right of this bar, there's a button for "Proxy settings" and one for closing the bar ("X"). In the proxy settings on this bar, I have unchecked "Show a notification when redirecting through a proxy," but this has not helped. How do I make this notice stop appearing?!
  • This notice appears once for each new host (i.e. website) that Zotero associates with your university proxy. It will be rarer once Zotero builds up a list of associated hosts.
  • Also, Zotero 5.0.5, which was released yesterday, will restore all proxy entries created in Zotero for Firefox (assuming this is the same database) into version 5.0.10 connector, so make sure you're running both of those and you should see all your old entries.
  • To Adomasven: Thank you; that makes sense. But (and excuse my lack of technical insight!) why would Zotero associate so many web sites that seemingly have no scholarly content with my university's proxy? That didn't happen a long time ago when I started using Zotero (for Firefox).
  • That doesn't sound right. Are you saying this happens for things that you navigate to directly? Or only things that you access through the library website? Does it happen if you disable LibX? If you look at the Proxies tab of the Zotero Connector preferences, what proxy entries do you see?
  • Thank you, dstillman. 1) It happens for web pages I navigate to directly, not just pages I access through the Zotero library. 2) I disabled LibX, but the notice still comes up from time to time. 3) All I see under "Configured proxies" in the Zotero Connector Chrome extension is "https://%h/%p"
  • Yeah, that's quite wrong. Delete that entry, and then try logging into your proxy again. You should get a prompt to add a new proxy entry, and then you should see something more reasonable (e.g., https://%h.proxy.myuniversity.edu/%p) in that list.
  • dstillman: That worked (in that the correct proxy is now listed in the Zotero Connector options). Thanks!!