Update Citation Style for "Haematologica"

Hello, can the citation style for the Journal "Haematologica" be updated? It is from 2013 and they have a new style since 2015, available as EndNote file:

http://www.haematologica.org/sites/default/files/Endnote/Haematologica_2015.ens

This would be a great help,
thank you!
Steffi
:)
  • @iOMEDICO_SD
    Thanks for pointing this out.
    Could you either point out the differences or if it's majorly different, format the two example citations to fit the new style? See the link here:
    https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/wiki/Requesting-Styles
  • Hello damnation,

He main difference I could discern on first sight is the number of authors listed – if its less than 6, then all 6 are listed, if its more, only the first 3 are listed:

For references with 6 or less than 6 authors, list all authors:
    Silvestri L, Pagani A, Nai A, De Domenico I, Kaplan J, Camaschella C. The serine protease matripase-2 (TMPRSS6) inhibits hepcidin activation by cleaving membrane hemojuvelin. Cell Met. 2008;8(6):502-511.
    For references with more than 6 authors, list the first 3 authors followed by "et al."
    Rose ME, Huerbin MB, Melick J, et al. Regulation of interstitial excitatory amino acid concentrations after cortical contusion injury. Brain Res. 2002;935(1-2):40-46.

In the main text, references should appear in superscript numbers.

And here are two citations from the current issue:

Okosun J, Cwynarski K. Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma: High Grade. In: Postgraduate Haematology. Oxford, UK: John Wiley & Sons, Ltd; 2015. p. 631–650.

Van Den Neste E, Schmitz N, Mounier N, et al. Outcome of patients with relapsed diffuse large B-cell lymphoma who fail second-line salvage regimens in the International CORAL study. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2016;51(1):51–57

Hope this helps,
    Steffi
  • This style is actually just a dependent of the vancouver-superscript.csl style
    It talks about being the "International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE)" style, which is Vancouver, but they have different et-al rules.
    @adamsmith
    Do I just make a dependent out of this or do we have vancouver with 6,3 et al rules?
  • yeah, lots of variation in Vancouver rules. 7/3 is quite common for et al (e.g. AMA uses that, so maybe that works?) so you could see if you can find a Vancouver variant that uses that already -- it might be one of the publishers vancouvers or just a regular journal style -- but unfortunately I don't know off the top of my head.