Groups Library

We have created a group library directly on zotero server. We are not using either firefox addon or standalone installation. The group is directly working on Group library through browser.

1.How to bring individual items from My Library to Group Library. There is no way we can drag and drop directly from zotero server account.
2. How to import data directly into Group library.
3. How to create bibliography from Group library account.
4. Is there any way to import data directly into group library like adding item from doi/isbn or directly saving searched item to Group library.

We found lot of limitations while working in Group library.
  • You can create a bibliography by selecting multiple items using the check boxes and clicking the Cite button at the top of library list (it looks like a billeted list).

The other tasks require using the installed local Zotero client (Zotero.org/download). Zotero is primarily designed to be used via the installed program. The online interface provides convenient access to viewing a library and making small edits, but to get the full power of Zotero, you need to use the full program.

Additional functionality may be added to the online interface in the future, but I would still expect the installed program to have much more functionality.
  • We were using online Groups's library only as it was convinieint to use can we know how to export all 1100 records and generate bibliography in one go. Since these records were added by different members we preferred online account only to add records. How to use Groups library through installed program?
  • In the installed program, have each user enter their login information into the Sync pane of the Zotero Preferences. Then, all of the users' libraries (their personal My Library and the libraries for any Groups they are members of) will be synced down to the local client. Any changes users make to the Group library in their installed program will be synced up to the Group library on the server.
    https://www.zotero.org/support/sync

It is, in fact, much easier to add items, export items, and generate bibliographies from the installed program.