where is zotero installed in ubuntu?

Hi, I want to go in and edit the zotero.jar file, but I can't find where it is installed on my system. Over at Firefox support they said it should be under ~/.mozilla/firefox/xxxxxxxx.default/, but I don't have any such directory. Also, I can't find it with a search function, could it be installed under a different filename than "zotero?"
  • /home/USERNAME/.mozilla/firefox/wkxw8okh.default/extensions/zotero@chnm.gmu.edu/chrome/zotero.jar

probably need to enable view hidden files
  • View hidden files is already enabled.
  • Since you're just looking for your Firefox profile, this is really a Firefox support issue, not a Zotero one. So if you're still having trouble, you should probably follow up over there.

A tip, though: if you use start Firefox with the Profile Manager, and then click "Delete Profile...", the confirmation dialog (which you should cancel, of course) will tell you the full location of the Firefox profile.
  • I started at Firefox, and they sent me over here....

I think I have found my Firefox profile folder at /usr/lib/firefox-3.0.5/defaults/profile. But, nothing looking like Zotero is installed there. But what would Zotero look like here if not zotero.jar?
  • The problem is solved. What happened apparently is that the firefox profile is in a ~/.mozilla/ folder that nautilus, the ubuntu file browser, wouldn't let me see or see into. I downloaded an extension called Open Profile Folder from https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/545 which allowed me to open the folder from within firefox, then everything was easy to find from there.

Thanks for your help!
  • for future reference: you can search for files in ubuntu using the "find" command.
    in your case

$ find /home -name 'zotero.jar'

should have given you the path (forget about the deskbar applet, it's search is useless)