WebDAV(?) problem after updating to Zotero 5

I have a problem with syncing after updating to Zotero 5.
Zotero freezes frequently for 10-15 seconds when updating. Sometimes it becomes difficult to insert new data or to write a note.
Maybe the problem is WebDAV syncing. If I check it off, Zotero does not freeze.

The Debug ID is D673725756.

Is there anything that I can do ?
Thanks.
  • Thanks — this should be fixed in the latest 5.0 Beta. The fix will be in 5.0.5, which should be out within the next 24 hours.
  • Thanks @dstillman. I just installed the beta, and the problem seems to be solven.
  • I just installed Zotero 5.0.4 and I am getting several different errors when trying to connect to my Box account via WebDAV. When I check for updates, Zotero finds no updates available.

Notes on error messages:

1. When I first tried to fill out the WebDAV login credentials and Verify Server, I got a message that said to fill in the WebDAV server URL even though I did already have the server URL entered. I clicked the OK button to exit the dialog box and then reopened it. After closing and reopening, that error message went away. Maybe a connection between that bug and the problem I am having connecting to WebDAV.

2. After clicking 'Verify Server' button:

An unknown error occurred.

Please check your file sync settings or contact your WebDAV server administrator.

HTTP 507

3. After clicking Sync button:

WebDAV verification failed. Verify your file sync settings in the Sync pane of the Zotero preferences.

• HTTP 507 is insufficient storage -- you're sure that you haven't filled up your box account? Even if you haven't -- that's what their servers are returning, so you'd have to check with their support.
  • Further comment: interestingly, I now am getting similar errors on my other computer when trying to connect via WebDAV to Box. It previously was working for several months. Maybe Box changed something on their end...
  • Further comment 2: I have no problem mapping a network drive to my Box account from Windows 8.1 using the URL https://dav.box.com/dav and my Box login credentials.
  • @adamsmith Thanks, looking into that, I think that is very likely the root cause!
  • I upgraded the storage on my Box account and this has indeed resolved this problem, thank you @adamsmith