EU cases OSCOLA

Hi everyone,

has anyone figured out a way to add EU court decisions in OSCOLA style? The correct format is: Case C–176/03 Commission v Council [2005] ECR I–7879 with 'Commission v Council' (or whatever the party names are) in italics.
The regular case item type doesn't get the italics right...
  • CSL isn't powerful enough for this at the moment. You could either go to juris-m (which is able to distinguish case citations by jurisdiction) or put Commision v Council in italics in Zotero as per https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/rich_text_bibliography
  • Thanks for the fast reply and the tips, adamsmith!
  • edited December 4, 2019
    Hi

I've been trying to use Juris-M to generate references for EU cases, but I can't seem to achieve it. I can't get the C (or T) number to appear in non-italicised text in front of the party names.

Does anyone know into which field you would put the C-176/03 (in this example above) to get it coming out at the front of the reference, but not in italics?

If I type it into the Case Name field along with the party names, then the C-176/03 comes out italicised along with the party names, irrespective of which jurisdiction (eg EU) I select.

Any help would be very much welcomed.

Greg
  • I am having the same issue Greg. The other version of OSCOLA (which does not work properly for many other types of sources) in the Style Manager (JM OSCOLA) includes the number properly if you put it in the 'Docket Number' field, but I cannot figure out how to edit the newer 'OSCOLA' style to also do this. Advice?
  • Hi,

I do have the same problems same as you Greg and Jdveraldi, any advice please?