Connector not connecting to Zotero 5.0

Any one else having trouble getting the Connector to work. It is not on Firefox or Chrome for me. I am seeing the rectangle at the bottom of the browser with the bibliographic data when I click the download icon. However nothing is showing up on Zotero 5.0.

Could the data be going somewhere else. Is there a way to adjust this.

• If you go into the connector preferences, does it say that Zotero is available? What is the URL of the website you are trying to save?
  • I'm having a similar problem. Not for myself but for a new Zotero user.

We were using Chrome and downloaded Zotero Standalone (with Word plugin) fine, but the Chrome Connector isn't working. In the right hand of the browser you see the Z (Zotero Connector) but it's totally unresponsive. We tried saving things from our library catalogue and the British Library's catalogue. I went to the Extensions part on Chrome and disabled and enabled to connector. When I did this the white sheet of paper icon that you'd normally see was there, but as soon as I switched back to the tab with the library catalogue open, all there was was the Z that did nothing.

Any ideas?

Like I say it works for me fine whether using Chrome or Firefox and I've done the 5.0 updates. I don't know whether having Zotero in the past makes a difference. But this was a new Zotero user - we updated Chrome to the latest update.

Kevin
  • @kevinwilson Things to try:

1. Disable other extensions, especially related to adblocking/security
    2. Relax privacy settings of Chrome, if they were increased from default
    3. Make sure the version of Chrome is 59. Older OSes won't let you upgrade past a certain mark.
  • Relax *which* privacy settings of Chrome?
  • The point would be to test with the default settings for everything related to privacy/security, though javascript and cookies are the most likely issue. If that fixes things for everything privacy related. You can re-enable or enforce one-by-one again afterwards. Remember these are troubleshooting steps, not necessarily fixes. Same is true for extensions.