Error after upgrading to Zotero 5: Report ID: 1788635208

edited July 12, 2017
Hello,
I only received this error after upgrading to Ver. 5 today. I did delete the PDF and redownload a new version as well, and received the same error.

I did nothing different except for opening the new version, and waiting for it to sync. Using Standalone w/ Chrome connector, on a Surface Pro 3.

Any suggestions?
Thank you very much,
Glenn

------------------
The log file is:

JavaScript Error: "Error for operation 'open' for Wolff-Michael and Yew-Jin - 2007 - "Vygotsky's Neglected Legacy":\ Cultural-Historical.pdf" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/storage/storageLocal.js" line: 404}]

[…]

version => 5.0.1, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 10.0; WOW64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.1, extensions => Zotero Word for Windows Integration (5.0.2.SA.5.0.1, extension), Zotero Report Customizer (0.2.26, extension, disabled), ZotFile (4.2.8, extension, disabled), Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.3.SA.5.0.1, extension, disabled)
  • huh, that filename shouldn't exist. Colon's aren't allowed in Windows filenames. Is that an item you saved newly to your library or has that been there for a while?
  • This should be fixed in 5.0.2, available now via Help -> Check for Updates.
  • edited July 12, 2017
    Okay, one more weirdness then. The actual PDF filename does not have a colon. The filename has only dashes in it. I am applying the update now to see if that works. Thank you for your help.
  • The filename had a colon originally, and that's what was still stored for the path in Zotero (even though it might have saved the file without the colon at some point), so when Zotero went to check for a file with that name, Windows returned an error. 5.0.2 should fix it to properly handle the error and filter the path in the DB.
  • Just to get back to you and say thank you. The 5.02 solved the problem, and all is great. Loving the new ver 5 so far!