Zotero 5: legacy addons+biblatex+go back

Good morning,

I have installed Zotero 5 on top of Zotero 4

1. I have extensions that now don't work anymore: Better BibLatex and ZotFile are the ones I care most. How can i make them work again?

2. Even if Better BibLatex does not work anymore, it got disabled and greyed out automatically in the add-ons screen, and I had removed it and it does not appear anymore in the add-ons screen, File->Export Library still has the Better BibLateX options, which after asking where to save the file returns an error

3. I went to an annotation, selected it, pressed ctrl+z to cut it and realized I made an error. Turned out Zotero does not have any "go back". So now I have completely lost that annotation. Is it possible there are no "go back" buttons?

Thanks
  • 1) ZotFile has a beta that works in Zotero 5.0 https://github.com/jlegewie/zotfile (you currently need to build from source; hopefully Joscha will release it publicly soon). Nothing you can do for BBT at this time, sorry.

2) Known issue. You can remove them by using reset translators from the advanced tab of the Zotero preferences

3) within notes, ctrl+z should work to undo an action
  • 2) I have clicked on both "Reset translators" and "Reset styles". Now File->Export Library does not work anymore, when I click on it nothing happens. Restarting Zotero does not help. Can you fix it? The debug ID is D814339126. Thanks

• The reset takes a few seconds. Wait until the button becomes active again after clicking it.
  • edited July 11, 2017
    2) It now works again. He turned into a state where he moved forward to ask for the output file, but then got stuck in a follow-up empty dialog about the translator. Pressing "ok" on that dialog made it re-appear. I did not take a screenshot of it. After restarting Zotero another time it seems to finally work correctly

3) Yes, you are right, it does if you press it immediately. But if you only SWITCH to another annotation, ctrl+z will not work on the previous one. Only if you use it immediately

1) I failed to install the beta version from the repository (I have put the files in the root directory as asked and renamed the zip into a xpi file, but Zotero does not install it). Maybe I will wait for the pre-compiled version

EDIT: I did not understand it should come active again
  • I could not find a description of doing the below that conveyed confidence that it would work - so here is my description,

I upgraded to Z 5.0 without fully reading the consequences, I lost the use of Better Biblatex; I decided to return to Z 4._. I reinstalled Z 4._. I use Better Biblatex a lot, … Understatement,

I accomplished reverting to using a previous version of Z by re-installing version 4._, … then replaced “zotero.sqlite” in my Z data directory with “zotero.sqlite.[an-high-number, it might not be the highest, the highest might be an Z 5.0].bak”, and restarting Z standalone.

Z sync-ed from the Z server changes that I had made since I last used the older database “zotero.sqlite.[a-high-number, …].bak”, the sync worked!

And see this, https://www.evernote.com/l/AAeFRpcclDlHIoirWRzqqkhYNu-XBVW7wSQ