Zotero proxy for journal articles is interfering with review for Physical Review (referees.aps.org)

I use the Zotero extension on Chrome to automatically access journal articles through the University of Waterloo library proxy when I am off-site. I appreciate that this new ability (so I don't have to always select to use the proxy manually). However, it interferes with my ability to sign in as a referee for Physical Review journals since it's all done on aps.org (journals.aps.org versus referees.aps.org). When I try to sign in at https://referees.aps.org/Referrals/login/new, I get (incorrectly) re-directed to journals-aps-org.proxy.lib.uwaterloo.ca/login and a gold bar at the top of the browser alerts me to this. I do not have this problem on Firefox (for which I don't have a Zotero extensions), and it never seems to access journals.aps.org.

I looked at the Zotero connector settings > Proxies > Configured Proxies. I only have two at the moment, one with hostname journals.aps.org and the other with the hostnames www.sciencedirect.com and ac.els-cdn.com. In particular, referees.aps.org does not appear, but is still getting re-directed. There is no blacklist, so I can't fix this by hand without disabling the automatic proxy for Physical Review altogether.

I am running Zotero standalone with Chrome 58.0.3029.110 on OSX 10.12.5.
  • I'm guessing journals.aps.org is somehow used by referees.aps.org -- be it as a sign-on redirect or in an iframe -- so yes, I'd disable the automatic proxy for APS for the time being. Not sure if there's going to be a fix on the Zotero side.