Chrome and Firefox extensions

I've installed the Chrome and Firefox extensions. But I can't get them to work. Can you suggest how to troubleshoot? My standalone version works fine.
  • Sorry about that. Whenever I try to use the Firefox extension it tells me:

This version of Zotero is older than the version last used with your database.

Current version: 4.0.29.21

Please upgrade to the latest version from zotero.org.

When I try to upgrade it tells me that my version is up to do. In the meantime it won't let me collect any sources through a browser. Before this point, I had used this function for years with no problem. What should I do to fix this?
  • Is there a reason you're not using the Zotero Connector for Firefox since you have Zotero Standalone?

[Also: have you used the Beta version?]
  • edited June 30, 2017
    Yeah, that error suggests that your Standalone is either the Zotero 5.0 Beta or Juris-M, but either way, if you're using Standalone you can switch to the new Zotero Connector for Firefox, available from the download page. (Zotero for Firefox will be auto-upgraded to the Zotero Connector in the near future anyway.)

(Actually if you're using Juris-M I believe there's a custom version of the connector, but I assume you would've said if you were using Juris-M.)
  • Okay, I downloaded the Zotero connector for Firefox. Nothing seemed to change. I opened Firefox and still couldn't get the Zotero function to work. I just prompted to download a newer version.

And yes, I'm using Zotero 5.0 Beta.
  • Confirm you've de-installed the Zotero firefox extension, as you will be using stand-alone from now on.

Also ensure that you are using the 5.0.7 connector.
  • The Zotero Connector for Firefox replaces Zotero for Firefox, so it wouldn't be possible to have them both. But there's no way to get the database compatibility message from the connector, since that's a message from Zotero for Firefox. So @kdelegard, you'll have to explain exactly what you have installed at this point and exactly what the problem is.