Edited Book?

Sorry, I am new to Zotero, could anybody explain me how to register (manually) an edited book (an editor is neither an author nor the one who was responsible for cutting ... sorry I am using the italian version and trying to translate the category ...)
thanks for hints, both for how to register a whole book as well as a part of a book.
  • @margaretha: Have you tried clicking on the "Author" label?
  • edited April 16, 2009
    Yes I did, and what comes out, at least in the italian language version, does not fit to editor of a book...
  • Then maybe there's a translation problem. What should be the Italian term for "editor"?
  • edited April 16, 2009
    "a cura di", the italian version has installed automatically as my firefox works in italian, is there any workaround?
  • I believe the translation used presently is "Addetto al montaggio."
  • I think this does not correspond very much to a scientific work
  • I think this does not correspond very much to a scientific work
    Yes--I was describing the current work-around (to select the apparently sub-par translation).

Can we just change the translation used for this? That is: is 'a cura di' appropriate for non-scientific works too & can we get by with not having two distinct contributor types to handle these cases?

Also, do bibliographies produce what you want them to when you use the 'addetto al montaggio' field?
  • sorry for replying so late, I was working on my laptop at home with a german translation of Zotero, I tried with "Adetto al montaggio" and the result was the one searched for.
    If there is anything I can do for improving the translation, please let me know.
  • Zotero's translations are managed through babelzilla if you want to help refine the German translation you should be able to contribute there.
  • edited April 23, 2009
    Sorry, I'm not a developer, so I find myself a somehow lost in the babelzilla site: created an account and checked for Zotero, but the latest release was not there (only 1.0.4 or something). Furhtermore I succeeded in downloading a series of files I might use (java) but I am not able to edit. Is there no easyer way to support (I could give some comments on the translations for both the german and the italian version)
  • The easiest way is probably to post your comments to the Babelzilla forum thread dedicated to Zotero:

http://www.babelzilla.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=2328