Sorting tags

edited June 27, 2017
The tag section of the sidebar can get unwieldy if you have a lot of tags. The alphabetical sorting is OK, but they're currently displayed left to right, and a new line is created is the next tag cant fit. In my opinion, this makes the tag list fairly confusing the read, as there are different numbers of tags on each line and it looks cluttered, despite being sorted alphabetically

I'm wondering whether its possible to sort the tags, or at least display them, in a more sensible way so they take up less space? I currently cant find any options to display them any differently

Are there any tag sorting options in Zotero 4, or any planned for Zotero 5? Maybe provide an option to display them as a list with 1 tag per line so it looks less cluttered? Or maybe allow an option to create tag groups for similar/related tags, that can then be collapsed/expanded?

Would it be better to post this as a feature request/issue in the github repo?
  • It's not currently possible to sort the tags list (other than by assigning colors to six tags, which will show up first in the list). Tag sorting is not currently a part of Zotero 5.0, but such a feature might be implemented in some way in a future version.

(Please don't post directly to the GitHub repo. Please keep all bug reports and feature requests on these forums.)