APA author citation screw up

I use word 2016, Zotero stand alone and zotero firefox with the zotero add-in for word. It usually works like a dream, except there is one author that for some reasons Zotero decides needs her initials added every time. I imported her journal articles, etc. and followed the same author 2 field first and last name thing that I use with all the individual authored documents, but for some mysterious reason when I use the citation add-in she gets her initials in front of her name, (eg : (A.M. NAME, 2016) while everybody else gets cited as (Normal, 2016). This happens when she is co-author and it happens when she is on her own. Everybody else is entered the same way. Why do her articles keep doing this? How do I fix it?
I've tried re-entering her name in the author fields and made sure they were correct, but every time I cite her, I still get her initials. This doesn't happen to other authors, and she is the only person with her unique last name, so it's not trying to differentiate between "Smith's" or something like that.

What should I do differently?
  • edited June 27, 2017
    When this happens there is at least one of several possible reasons for Zotero adding author initials to disambiguate the name.

The most common is for the author's name to be entered at least two (perhaps slightly) different ways.

Is it possible that the author name could be entered as a single field?

Could you have had more than one identical record and cited each of the records?

Are you working with records from a group?

Have you embedded your cites into your document and are you working with two (or more) machines?

Every time this has happened to me I have, after very careful examination, been able to identify some problem with a duplicate record or an error in the way the author's name was entered.
  • edited June 27, 2017
    This is almost certainly what is happening:
    https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/given_name_disambiguation

Make sure that an author's name is always entered the same way for all items in your library (e.g., Robert A. Hogan is always entered as "Robert A. Hogan", not "Robert Hogan" or "R. A. Hogan"). If the initials persist, it is probably correct APA style.