Cannot see references in Zotero Firefox, but they do still exist on server and on standalone version

Community advice needed please:

I mostly use Zotero from within my Firefox browser.

Lately, I realised that I cannot see my 1000s of references in my Zotero (Mac) Firefox interface.

These references do however still exist on the server and on my standalone (Mac) version.

I have tried doing a reset, but with no success.

I don't want to mess around with troubleshooting guesswork too much, because (as I've said), the standalone is a worthy substitute.

Any recommendations as to what the cause of this problem might be?

Thank you
  • Start by making sure your version of Zotero is up to date. You need 4.0.29.21
  • edited June 27, 2017
    Hi adam
    Thanks for your input.
    I wasn't too sure how to go about 'updating' the Firefox extension, so I merely reinstalled it (directly from the Zotero website).
    Your hint (at what might suitably sort the matter out) was spot-on. Excellent!
    Many thanks again adam
  • Hello

I had the same problem. I was working with M-juris, was working also on firefox browser. Yesterday I couldnĀ“t see any data except for my empty directorys.
    When I wanted to synchronize it said to me, that my storage capacity is full. I tried to delete data on my zotero account, first it was ok and I got more storage place, then I tried to synchronize again with my m-juris interface and the storage was again full. At neither step did the files show up again in the offline folders.
    So now I de-installed m-juris and re-installed zotero and zotero took my data from my backup (from yesterday) on the computer. Now I can see most of the data, but some files and entire folder from the last few month are still missing. On the zotero server they are still there. My question is now: If I synchronize my zotero interface with the zotero server, will the missing data also be deleted from the server or will the zotero interface take the missing data from the server?
    The question is from which side to which side the synchronisation takes place?

Thanks in Advance!
  • I solved my problem by de-instalation zotero again and re-installed m-juris.