1681771091 Problem with Bibliography Add-In Mac

When I use the Add-in Button to generate the Bibliography, I just get the {citation} in the document, but not a List off all my already applied literature in the text.
  • It seems as you are clicking on button "Add/Edit citation" and not on "Add/Edit Bibliography". But it can be also a bug in your Zotero-Word add-in. Can you provide more information about version do you use?
  • Thanks for your reply. The "Add/Edit citation" button would be the one on the very left, but I click the third from the left to insert the bibliography and it happens, that it shows "citation" as well. I'm using Word 15.33. As I'm at university I always get updates and the newest versions. I'm afraid to deinstall everything and then loose all my citations within the document of 50 pages.
  • Could you start by testing this in a fresh document? Insert one citation, then the bibliography. Certainly don't un- or re-install anything at this point.
  • Ok. It worked in the new document. That helps already. Thank you!
  • The basic approach to troubleshoot an existing document is https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#debugging_broken_documents

I'd also want to check that you still have field codes for existing citations in your document: Either move your cursor into a citation and click edit citation and make sure that the citation dialog comes up with the items in that citations or press alt+FN+F9 on your keyboard to show field codes. There should be a lot of code visible where every citation is. You can press the same keys to hide it again.
  • Yes, I do still have those field codes. And now, I also tried it again with the old document and it worked there, too. I'm not sure what it was...I really tried it about three hours. Maybe it just took too long to load the bibliography, as by now it has about 8 pages and thus the programme might has frozen?! Thank you so much for your help!
  • that's actually not implausible, yes. Next time this happens, first thing would be to just try to let it run for a while without interfering.
  • Ok. Thanks a lot! I'll be even more patient next time ;)