Listing titles first

Can anyone tell me if a citation style exists in which the title appears before the author? I couldn't find one, but I actually need to create a list of this kind. I would appreciate any help. (Sorry if there's another thread on this issue. I didn't see one...)
  • This is a relatively simple switch if you want to do it yourself.

Paste chrome://zotero/content/tools/csledit.xul into your location bar. Pick a style you like from the drop down menu. Then jump to the bottom of the code. You should find the block. In most cases you should see something like text macro title, just cut that line and paste it above the text macros for author. If you have a item selected you should see a live preview of the changes. You should then change the name of the style, and its ID, paste it into a text editor on your local machine and append .csl to the file name. Drop that into the CSL directory in your Zotero folder and you should be good to go.
  • edited April 15, 2009
    you mean in the bibliography?
    I don't think it exists, but it is easy to do:
    For general instructions on how to edit a style see here:
    http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/5104/modifying-word-plugin-using-journal-abbreviation-instead-of-publication-name/#Item_2

In your case, all you need to do is, in the bibliography section of the style (starts with <bibliography>) switch (if you're e.g. in Chicago Manual of Style) the order of

<text macro="contributors"/> and
    <text macro="title"/>
    done.

Edit: Just to avoid confusion: Trevor and I are suggesting the exact same thing, using slightly different words - pick whichever description you find easier to follow.
  • Fantastic. I'll try all that. Thanks so much for the quick response. Letitia