DOI auto-complete the fields (eg. author, title, etc.)

Hi,
im not sure if this funcionality already exists, but is there a way for zotero auto-complete all the item fields just by inserting the DOI number in the DOI field?
I am trying to migrate from Endnote where this is automatic.

What i mean is: (1) i create a new journal article item, (2) i copy and paste a DOI number in the DOI field, (3) zotero automatically completes the other fields with the information it acquires from DOI.

Thanks in advance
  • no, this is not yet possible. Go to the http://dx.doi.org/[DOI#], search for the DOI on google scholar, etc. It is very likely that you'll find a site that zotero can translate.
  • This is not available in any current recommended release but the newest version of the trunk now includes the ability to lookup items by identifier. You can paste in a ISBN, PubMedID, or a DOI to create an item.
  • Hi there! Ten years later, I have the same question. Has functionality been added to auto-fill journal information from an article's DOI? More specifically, if I import a PDF and enter the DOI, is there a mechanism that can auto-fill the rest of the reference information from there? This would be such an amazing time-saver.
  • Yes, you can do this using the Add by Identifier button (the magic wand icon).