CSL Editing to Format Abstract Field.

edited June 15, 2017
I'm working on the Chicago Manual of Style 16th edition (full note) CSL to add the Abstract field. I've gotten as far as adding <text variable="abstract" display="block"/>, which successfully adds the abstract to the Bibliography output, but I'd like to format the style so that (1) there's a blank line between the citation and the abstract and (2) the first line of the abstract does NOT have a hanging indent. I'd like the entire abstract to be indented. Can anyone please point me to the proper coding for these changes? Thank you!
  • 2) I don't understand. You mean something like

Citation
    more citation

Abstract
    more abstract

If so, that looks right for me.
  • edited June 15, 2017
    That's exactly what I'd like it to look like, but adding the line is not achieving that. I can't get my formatting to work here in the message box to demonstrate, but in my bibliography the Abstract begins at the left margin, and there's no blank line between the Citation and the Abstract.

• OK -- here's what my bibliography looks like:
    Citation
    more citation
    Abstract
    more abstract
  • Any suggestions for the coding to achieve this?
  • And that's using Zotero? Which version, which Word processor?
  • Yes, I'm using Zotero 4.0.29.17 with Microsoft Word 2013 for Windows.
  • and this is with the Word add-on or how are you inserting the bibliography into Word? I don't think the display attributes will work well using the clipboard.
  • I've been using the Zotero right-click on a folder and save to .rtf function, but a colleague just clued me in that the Chicago Style annotated is pulling from the "Extra" field, not the "Abstract" field. Now that I know what field it's using, I can work with that. Thank you for the help.
  • I'm trying to edit APA annotated bibliography style so that there is a space and indent in exactly the same way that @bethroyall described and @adamsmith illustrated. I can't figure out how to edit the indentation and line space of the abstract block without changing it in the reference. Any help would be much appreciate.
  • Change the line in the bibliography for abstract to: <text variable="abstract" display="block"/>