Data disappeared after Firefox upgrade, instructions to restore to no avail

I've tried restoring zotero.sqlite and the storage folder from backup to the location of my zotero working director as identified by checking "file locations" but no links whatsoever appear. I made no mods before, only the FF upgrade.

Help please.
  • Could you walk us through a bit more what you did, where the back-up is coming from, what file size it is, etc.?
  • Thanks. Certainly.

The working file zotero.sqlite in the Data Directory was dated 6/14 and 6,936 KB. I copied that to a folder on my desktop along with the folder "storage" (which folder has now disappeared from that desktop folder for reasons unknown to me).

I located a backup zotero.sqlite file (6/11, 6,924 KB) as well as a "storage" folder on an external backup drive. (I used Windows 7 backup to locate and restore those two items.) For simplicity sake (and because restore to the original location gave me problems because of insufficient administrator {me} rights), I restored these two items to a "junk" (temp folder) and then copied both to the active Data Directory.

IIRC, Firefox was closed at the time I copied those files to the Data Directory.

However, the date and size of the zotero.sqlite file are 6/14 and 6,928. I presume the date of the file reflects the date that I copied it from "junk" but the file size is 4 KB larger than the file restored from backup (in "junk" and copied over). The restored (copied from "junk") "storage" folder is dated 6/14.

When I open Zotero in Firefox, I see the message "No tags to display." This is the same message that was displayed when I first discovered the problem.
  • You were likely just on an outdated version of Zotero and upgraded to Firefox 54, which requires the latest version. Reinstall from the download page.
  • Thank you.

Duh.