Error: Word crashes when adding citation after table in horizontal page section Report ID: 24515503

edited June 19, 2017
Hello,
I have very annoying problem with Zotero.
I created in my document several tables on horizontal pages. After such place in document I'm unable to add or edit citation. Word crashes on Remote Procedure Call. Fragment before table is safe.
I can provide sample document and error message.
Best Regards
Tomasz BieliƄski
  • Could you provide another Report ID? It appears you may have mistyped this one (you can copy from the dialog Zotero shows).

Otherwise, upgrade to latest version of Zotero and see if you still get the problem. In general, there are known problems with citations in tables breaking integration. Removing those might help. Complex fields in the tables might have a similar effect too.

If you want us to look at it, produce the smallest snippet possible that breaks integration according to doc plugin integration troubleshooting instructions, part 8 and email that to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread.
  • I have created new error report: ID 245155036.
    I have the newest version of Zotero.
    I will send sample file by email in the moment.
  • I cannot reproduce the error with the document you've emailed. A citation and bibliography is inserted without problems.
  • I tried to reproduce error on other computer with Microsoft World 2016 (16.0.8201.2102), and it works correctly. I think this error occurs in Microsoft Word 2013 (15.0.4420.1017).
    In both cases I used Zotero 4.0.29.17.

I've managed to create dump file of WINWORD process via Visual Studio while error occurs. It seems that direct cause of error is dereferencing of NULL pointer somewhere in WWLIB.DLL.

If you want I can provide this dump (It's quite large - about 125 MB after compression).
  • I cannot reproduce the bug with Word 2013 (15.0.4927.1000) and Windows 10. There has been a hotfix from Microsoft for Office 2013 and you're generally quite a few versions behind on that. See if you can still reproduce the crash after the update.
  • Finally I managed to fix this problem. I used this security update to update Word to version 15.0.4927.1000.

Now adding citations after table on horizontal page works.

Thank You for support!