Zotero Firefox Bibliography hanging indents tag dropped

edited June 1, 2017
Up until a week or two ago, when I copied bibliography references to clipboard - ("Create bibliography from item..." in Zotero Firefox plugin) - it included the div class tags:
div class="csl-bib-body" style="line-height: 2; padding-left: 2em; text-indent: -2em;"
which created a hanging indent when pasted into most rich-text spaces.

Suddenly a week or two ago, I noticed the hanging indent was gone when I pasted a bib reference into my university's WYSIWYG Moodle forum. Checking the underlying code, I found the last two expressions were no longer being added by Zotero. The div class tag now only included:
div class="csl-bib-body" style="line-height: 2;"

If I add the missing two parameters, i.e.
padding-left: 2em; text-indent: -2em;
inside the quotes, hanging indents are restored as before. I conclude Zotero has changed, not Moodle's interpretation of the formatting tags.

What happened? Did the plugin get updated? Or is my copy corrupted?

How can I get Zotero to add the missing parameters back automatically? It's a bit of a pain to add them manually. The hanging indent feature is also missing when pasting into MS word, although that's something I seldom do, using the Word plug-in instead, which thankfully still includes the hanging indent for automatically generated Bibliography lists.

• Yeah, it's no longer there for me, too. (Using Chicago (author-date) e.g. , using Zotero 4.0.29.20 -- @adomasven you played with this setting, could that have changed this or is this something upstream with @fbennett ?
  • I think this is on Zotero-side. The processor doesn't set inline styling in HTML output, and I haven't made any changes there in yonks.
  • edited June 2, 2017
    No, this was a citeproc-js change (which is why it's showing on 4.0, where that's the only thing that's changed lately).

Going from 1.1.139 to 1.1.160, we're getting hangingindent: true instead of hangingindent: 2. Our code calls parseInt() on the value followed by if (hangingIndent), and then uses the number directly as the em value, but parseInt(true) is NaN, and NaN is falsy, so the indent is omitted.

From the docs, it does look like hangingindent is expected to return a number, no?
  • Mea culpa. I'll check and report back.
  • Fixed now, sorry for that slip.

For those needing an immediate fix, you can get the updated processor by installing one of the Propachi plugins, removing it when the next Zotero update comes out.