Refreshing large documents

With large documents (300+ references) it is difficult to know when Zotero has finished sorting references on refresh-is there a progress bar for this or something that I have missed?.
  • edited May 23, 2017
    Yep, the progress bar is currently not displayed for some actions, including refreshing. This is under the radar and will change in some not-too-distant future. I've created a ticket to track the progress.
  • Would be nice to add this, indeed. It's been more than a year but apparently it's still under the radar...
  • Est-il possible de "refresh" un chapitre à la fois pour éviter ce problème? Si oui, comment faire?
  • @wvdvegte This has been available for a few months now.

@Chantal%20Leclerc Not currently possible, but once again there now is a progress bar.
  • Where is the progress bar?
  • Is it available in classic view?
  • @swdr I assume you solved your problem here https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/comment/316920/#Comment_316920

The progress bar appears when Zotero is processing citations, in between displaying citing dialogs. E.g. It should appear once you select a citation in the classic dialog and click OK. It is possible that it might appear under other windows, but I have not seen this myself.
  • Hi adomasevn. It isn't appearing in the classic view. Is there another plugin that I need to add? I have turned off the shockwave plugin but the progress bar still isn't showing. This has become quite urgent as I need to submit this assignment. I would be grateful for any guidance.
  • I don’t believe it will appear with the classic plugin, which hasn’t changed in years and won’t receive additional development work. I recommend you switch to the default citation interface.
  • Thank you I will try this!
  • @swdr I am not sure what your current problem is. If Zotero does not list the Word plugin, you wouldn't be able to even communicate between Zotero and Word. Can you?

I just looked it up and realised that we actually couldn't add a progress bar on macOS due to macOS window management bringing Zotero back to the front after processing the document. You can see whether Zotero is working on your document by opening the debug viewer in Zotero Help -> Debug Output Logging -> View Output. The window will update rapidly while Zotero is working on your document.