Cannot make changes to library (Report ID: 32fe96a2)

Hi,

I am a member of a group and I am not allow to publish, tag or do some stuff in this group and that is normal. I only want to be able to read the files shared by this group.

But every-time I synchronize my Zotero library I got this error : "Cannot make changes to library". And the synchronization process downloads all the library again and again.

Your can find the report at this id 370328400.

Best,
  • You're clicking "Reset Group and Sync" (or something like that) and then immediately getting that message again after it downloads the full group? Or are you making manual changes to the group in some way? It shouldn't allow you to do that if you only have read permissions, but it looks like a search and some tags are being modified, among other things.
  • At the beginning I only click on the Sync button and then it is asked me to "Reset Group and Sync" everytime I try to synchronize my local Zotero.

After clicking "Reset Group and Sync", I got the "Cannot make changes to library" messages.

Yes, it seems that some tags or things have been modified but not by me. And I don't understand why it is compulsory to download all the Group library every-time.
  • Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Are you still having trouble with this? If so, it's probably worth trying the 5.0 Beta, which has an entirely new sync architecture. 5.0 will be released very soon, so we can't debug this in 4.0.

If you do try the 5.0 Beta, you can switch back to the main version after 5.0 is released.